This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Devon and Cornwall|
|Fire||Devon and Somerset|
The place name is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'an open space in a wood'. In the Domesday Book of 1086 it was referred to as Leaham and was recorded as consisting of the manor and two farms. Unfortunately the ancient manor house is no longer there: it fell into disrepair following the Second World War.
Media related to Leigham at Wikimedia Commons