|• Total||30.7 km2 (11.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||128 m (420 ft)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
The name comes from komňata - a well equipped room, usually for guests (in the modern Slovak komnata: a well equipped room in a manor house or castle). The village was on an important trade route and was named after the services provided in it (accommodation for guests).
The settlement had Hungarian majority as early as the 17th century according to the Turkish tax census.
- Church of St. Elizabeth located in center of village
- Church of St. Peter and Paul located at western end of village
- Lake Štrkáreň located east of village along road to Černík.
- Park located in center of village contains some interesting nonnative trees.
- The Priest's Hole (Kňazova jama)
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Nitra, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1709-1918 (parish A)
- Lutheran church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1887-1954 (parish B)
- Reformated church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1784-1895 (parish B)
- Krajčovič, Rudolf (2010). "Z lexiky stredovekej slovenčiny s výkladmi názvov obcí a miest" (PDF). Kultúra slova. Martin: Vydavateľstvo Matice slovenskej (5): 275.
- Károly Kocsis, Eszter Kocsisné Hodosi, Ethnic Geography of the Hungarian Minorities in the Carpathian Basin, Simon Publications LLC, 1998, p. 46